Come make music at the market!!!
The Wilmington Farmers’ Market is a great opportunity to perform in public, get practice, exposure and bring together people at the market. Apply to become a busker and perform on Saturdays at Tidal Creek. Buskers are not paid nor are they charged a vendor fee; buskers are compensated by tips and exposure during market hours. Tidal Creek will provide space on the deck and some electric.
Busker Rules and Policies
- Buskers must apply, be approved, and coordinate a date to perform with Tidal Creek staff. Buskers may not show up and perform without coordinating with Tidal Creek Staff.
- If performer is under 18, there must be an accompanied guardian who will take responsibility. School groups are highly encouraged to perform at the market, as long as there is a guardian of 18 years or older to take responsibility.
- All performances must be considered family-friendly. Obscenity or indecency will not be tolerated. Buskers are allowed to collect tips, but are not allowed to ask for money or require payment. Performers may place a donation basket in one location and it cannot be passed around. CD sales are permitted if approved by Tidal Creek staff. It is the responsibility of the busker to report all income, including tips, to the state tax commission.
- The performer(s) is required to indemnify and keep indemnified, Tidal Creek against any liability arising from the negligent acts of the performer in connection with the performance.
- All buskers must check in before setting up at the market information booth each week. All buskers must cooperate with adjacent vendors. Should the market receive one complaint from any vendor regarding a performance, the onsite manager will investigate and determine appropriate action. Market staff has the authority to move and reassign performer spots to facilitate market operations.
- Any busker determined by Market Manager to not be complying with the market rules may be asked to leave. Busker’s performances must not interfere with market operations or any vendor’s ability to do business.
- Tidal Creek is not liable for any injury, theft or damage to either the busker or their property arising out of, or pertaining to, the preparation or participation; whether such injury, theft, or damage occurred prior, during, or after the market, the busker agrees to indemnify and hold the market harmless for and against any claims for such injury, theft or damage.
Thanks for your interest! We'll be in touch!