Tidal Creek Co-op is more than just a grocery store.
As a cooperative business, we are community owned and operated.
We rely on the participation and interaction with our community to carry out our mission.
Cooperative Values & Principles
Co-ops are based on values not unlike those we subscribe to individually, including self-responsibility, democracy, equality, honesty and social responsibility.
In addition to these common values, seven basic international principles serve as guidelines to provide a democratic structure for co-ops around the world. While adoption of these principles is not required, most co-ops choose to adopt them for their business.
The seven principles are:
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training and information
6. Cooperation among cooperatives
7. Concern for community
Everyone is welcome at Tidal Creek.
Our Co-op Deals are available to all shoppers.
There are just additional benefits that come with being an owner!
Fresh Owner Benefits Starting May 1st:
- Owner Appreciation Days! 10% off your purchase once every month!
- Dinner Discount: 10% off our hot bar every night after 5pm
- Special Order Case Discounts: 10% off special-order case purchases
- Cash Back Rewards Program: 1.25% back on every dollar spent-
$5 back for every $400 you spend
- Patronage Refund Program: At the end of the fiscal year, if earnings are sufficient, the Board can choose to distribute a Patronage Refund to Co-op Owners based on the percentage of purchases they’ve made through out the year
Community Partner Discounts
- Wilmington Yoga Center
- Coupon for one FREE class + FREE Buddy Pass – for New Owners (Renewing Owners are exempt)
- Invest in your local economy: Your equity share helps Tidal Creek Co-op invest in local farmers, producers, staff, Owners and our local community.
Approximately 68% of every dollar spent at Tidal Creek returns to the community.
- Use your voice to create positive change: Participate in the governance of the Co-op by voting, becoming a member of the Board of Directors or serving on a Board Committee. All owners are welcome to our monthly board meeting- the 3rd Wednesday of every month!
- Buy Organic: Protect our soil, water and farmers and invest in a sustainable solution to feeding the world with the Co-op’s Certified Organic Produce Department.